- This event has passed.
Love Your Middle Fork Day – Volunteer at Elijah Bristow State Park
April 13, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join us and Oregon State Parks for a day of community volunteering at Elijah Bristow State Park and show your love of the Middle Fork. This event marks the beginning of a volunteer effort in the park to help foster the growth of native oak trees and restore our backyard! In this first installment we will be pulling blackberry and other invasive species that are threatening to out compete the young oak trees.
After a morning of hard work we will gather back at our office for a potluck celebrating our wonderful community. Please feel free to bring a bite to share with our watershed community, or simply join us to learn more about us and our work.
- This event will be happening rain or shine (most likely rain if this week has been any indication), so please dress appropriately. We recommend rubber boots if possible, but any waterproof footwear will work. We also have some rubber boots that we can lend out if you need.
- We will be gathering at our office for warm drinks and introductions before heading out to pull blackberry. and then returning to the office for our potluck, beer and more warm drinks.
- Please park behind the office in the dog park parking area, to find this parking lot simply turn into the park and then take your first right, you will see our sign on the gate.
- We will be working from 10am-noon and then breaking for lunch!
- All tools and gloves will be provided.
We request that you register here so that we have adequate tools for everyone to participate!